Hey hey hey.
My very SECOND top 10 list.
What a week. This one was one that was good peppered with a bit of bad. Lots of ups with a few downs. Sometimes I fell on the right side of the Lord and other times I didn’t.
Taking notice of the good things just affirms the fact that there were things that were contrary to those good things. I have learned from Paul , that I am to rejoice in the good days and praise in the bad days because the Lord Himself makes room for both types of days.
When we find ourselves focused on the things that fall short of the “good”, we best find ourselves praising. What things did you find yourself praising about last week?
10. New coffee creamer. Yes, new coffee creamer. I am pretty simple.
9. A thin veil in the middle of the night. My savior speaks to me at night. Sometimes I like it. Mostly I don’t. I always wonder why He waits until I am asleep to speak. I might be too busy.
8. Spring Break. If I am honest this week historically could go either way. Lets just say my idea of a nightmare is living in a city where schools close for “weather”. This week turned out to be amazing.
7. Bantering “baby” birds. My “baby” Brynn realized that she could “talk” to birds on a trip to the Sonoran Desert Museum. She found a baby purple hummingbird that stole her heart. Her brothers gave her the glowing title of “bird whisperer.”
6. Swimsuits and suntans. Wore one and got one.
5. Family vacay with my bestie and her kiddos. Making more of “the best trip EVER” kind of memories.
4. Then and Now. My boys, then and now.
3. My mom. My mom is single handedly the silliest woman ever. What woman would answer the door in iced sunglasses and a fedora? My kids adore her. My friends enjoy her and I love her.
2. Vulnerability. Hate it but its producing good fruit in me. Plus, it keeps me fixed at the feet of my King.
1. Tragic Taxidermy. No explication necessary. No worries, I survived.
I decided I would do something weekly…for fun and to remind myself of all the reasons I have to be grateful. Every Tuesday I will re-cap the week. When I evolve enough on the blogging game I will even add some pictures!
Here they are for the week of March 4th.
10. Handstands in vinyasa. A drop back into warrior has been calling me for years. This week I answered.
9. Long Saturday hikes with a South African pastor on podcast. Leadership looks different on this side of the mountain.
8. An impromptu yoga date and red teeth. Yes, in that order. No, there was no violence.
7. Cast removals. Not just removals, but dare I say banishment?
6. New braces that didn’t hurt a bit…and that make my boy look like a man.
5. Driving my sister home after a successful stint in the hospital. I’m confident she would have walked home if they let her. Thank God I was there.
4. Home sales and visas. That’s it. Home sales and visas.
3. Teaching Session 1 of Holy Yoga Instructor training. Always a highlight. Holy.
2. Covenant. Hardest and most worth it endeavor of my life.
1. Galatians 5:7-10. – You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” I am confident in the LORD that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty.
Reflecting on your last week, what are some of the things you are most grateful for? An attitude of gratitude propels you forward. Carry on.